Thursday 18 December 2008

Christmas cards

I haven't sent Christmas cards for a number of years. My husband and I have sort of opted out of Christmas. This year, however, I decided to send a few hand-painted Christmas cards. My first attempts were done using those purpose-made watercolour cards. I was so worried about ruining them, however, that I didn't enjoy it and ended up not liking the results much. So they went in the bin.

I decided to just start painting some small card-sized paintings on larger pieces of ordinary watercolour paper, not worrying about how they turned out, so I could just use the ones I liked. This was a lot more fun! Here are the results. I like some more than others, and I didn't use all of them. I had fun doing it though, and it was nice to be able to put something of myself into the cards I sent to family members.

Coal tit
From the photo "Coal tit - Switzerland" by crackers93


Great tit
From the photo "Great Tit (Parus major)" by Max xx


Candles still life
From a photo by mustcreate in the Wetcanvas.com reference image library



From a photo by lisilk in the Wetcanvas.com reference image library


Winter woodland
From a photo by PETERH in the Wetcanvas.com reference image library



From a photo by Dilettante Dave in the Wetcanvas.com reference image library


Robin
From the photo "Robin" by thetelf


Robin
From a photo by Ceiliog in the Wetcanvas.com reference image library



From a photo by Yorky in the Wetcanvas.com reference image library


Robin in tree
From my imagination :-)

1 comment:

Gillian Mowbray said...

These cards are delightful - will you be doing the same for this year?
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog. It's always a pleasure to receive such words from other artists. Please do get out your colour pencils again! x