Wednesday 13 August 2008

EDM Challenge #184 - Draw a Bench


This is the bench on our patio right outside our back door. It's a nice place to sit and look at the garden, and we also use it to rest and take off our boots after a walk with the dogs. The wall is actually straight, not curved. ;-) While I was sketching it was very windy and cold, and started to rain. This is August???

I'm still trying to sketch something every day, but I haven't done much that is postable because I've been spending more time on watercolours. I know they say watercolours are challenging, but for some reason I didn't think it would be quite so difficult. When I painted in the past it was acrylics, and watercolour is a completely different animal. I'm having fun though, splashing the paint around and going through various books and videos. Hopefully before too long I'll have something I like well enough to post. In the meantime, I'll keep sketching. :-)

4 comments:

kazumiwannabe said...

Very nice drawing! This bench is lovely, as is your bird garden! I agree that watercolor is fun - since I've dared to try, I've been enjoying myself like when I was a kid, playing with the colors!

Ann said...

This is a wonderful watercolor! I know what you mean about it being tough to learn when your experience is with acrylic or oil - me too. It looks like you are doing very well with watercolors - I need much more practice :)

Peachtreeart said...

I like your bench, very well done!

Anonymous said...

What a comfortable looking bench. Very nice drawing and use of color. I believe I could nap on that bench.